I am a PhD student at HKUST, advised by Prof. Qifeng CHEN. I previously obtained my Bachelor’s degree with highest honor from Computer Science program at Hongyi Honor College, Wuhan University (WHU) in China.
Currently, I am working as a research intern at the International Digital Economy Academy (IDEA). Before joining HKUST, I was fortunate to be advised by Prof. Qi DOU at CUHK on domain adaptation/generalization, Prof. Junsong YUAN at UB SUNY on action recognition and Prof. Tomizuka at UC Berkeley on autonomous driving.
I am broadly interested in machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, aiming to tackle following three challenges: model robustness / generalization, efficiency, and the lack of reasoning ability in deep learning. My dream is to build smarter AI that can percept, reason, and decide in a human-like way as well as with human-level robustness with minimal supervision.
My recent interests include,
- Video Understanding, Processing & Synthesis
- 3D-Vision / NeRF / CLIP / DDPM
- Multimodal Learning
- Domain Adaptation & Generalization
Anchor-Guided Online Meta Adaptation for Fast One-Shot Instrument Segmentation from Robotic Surgical Videos
Zixu Zhao, Yueming Jin, Junming Chen, Bo Lu, Chi-Fai Ng, Yun-Hui Liu, Qi Dou, Peng-Ann Heng
Medical Image Analysis 2021
Dynamic Graph CNN for Event-based Gesture Recognition
Junming Chen, Jingjing Meng, Xinchao Wang, Junsong Yuan
- June. 2022 Transfered from MPhil to PhD in AI program at HKUST, Clear Water Bay.
- Sep. 2020 Joined HKUST and Robotics Insititue as an MPhil student advised by Prof. Qifeng CHEN.
- Mar. 2020 Joined CUHK and T Stone Robotics Insititue as a research assistant advised by Prof. Qi Dou.
- Jan. 2020 A paper is accepted by ISCAS 2020 as poster presentation.
- Jul. 2019 Joined Prof. Junsong YUAN’s Visual Computing Lab at UB SUNY as a research assistant.
- Jul. 2019 I was selected to participate in the CUHK Engineering PhD Summer Workshop.
- Sep. 2018 Joining Prof. Masayoshi Tomizuka’s MSC Lab at UC Berkeley as a research intern.
- Jul. 2018 Working with Zhuang LIU at BAIR Lab on ensemble learning.
- Jan. 2018 I will attend UC Berkeley as an exchange student studying graduate-level machine learning and optimization courses during Spring 2019.
TA for COMP4471 & ELEC4240 Deep Learning in Computer Vision in Fall 2022 at HKUST.
TA for COMP5214 & ELEC5680 Advanced Deep Learning Architectures in Spring 2022 at HKUST.